A scrolling LED sign can surely lure customers into trying in a new restaurant. This catchy means of posting announcements or information spells fun big time.
But do you need an LED sign to make your own home attractive?
Here’s what you need to know about indoor lighting for your home. (If you have a restaurant or a café, you can use these tips too)
Indoor Lighting Types
Natural As the name suggest, light from this type of lighting comes from natural resources such as the sun. Bulbs and other lighting fixtures are rarely involved in this type of lighting. Among all options, natural lighting is the most simple and most cost-effective means of lighting any room in your home. Usually, windows, skylights and other open designs are utilized to allow natural light into a room.
Artificial This type of lighting makes use of light bulbs to brighten up a room. Bulbs and lamps come in different forms. Incandescent, halogen, fluorescent and LEDs are some of the most popular forms of lighting fixtures.
- Ambient or mood lighting. This lighting method is used to heighten the mood projected within a room. Bulbs are usually placed on the ceiling to bring down a soft and subtle glow.
- Accent or object lighting. This type of lighting highlights a focal point through the use of light. Accent lighting is best used when wanting to draw attention to paintings on the wall. The light’s direction plays an important role in accentuating the desired piece.
- Task lighting. This is the most commonly used lighting method. Private and commercial spaces make use of this lighting to carry out regular tasks like reading, writing, cooking and other activities. This also provides the least glare and eyestrain.
- Consider the function and purpose of your room before installing any lighting fixtures. Incandescent bulbs give off a yellow glow that instantly creates warmth in any space. Halogen lights, on the other hand, are clear and clean. For a modern feel, fluorescent bulbs are best because of their blue or full spectrum light projection.
- LED bulbs are the most cost-effective offerings in the market today. Though these bulbs may be more expensive than its other counterparts, it will certainly save more in the long run with its longer life-span and energy saving capabilities.
- Lighting fixtures can also serve a decorative purpose. Choose lamps or chandeliers that make a statement for that instant transformation in your room. You can either go for a piece with a bold color or unique style.
Nothing needs to be just ordinary anymore. Play with lighting styles and fixtures in your home to make it more inviting.
Check out our Energy Saving Tips